This simple blood test analyses DNA, comparing all 23 pairs of chromosomes to screen for conditions such as Down Syndrome
In the current climate of the Covid-19 pandemic, Lake Imaging is continuing to provide optimal quality diagnostic imaging and patient care to our valued communities. As a healthcare provider, we are very much committed to quality care, compassion and service.
The staff at Lake Imaging continue to play our part in supporting referring practitioners and patients within our communities. Our responsibility to service our patients in a safe environment is always our primary focus.
Lake Imaging would like to reassure all patients entering our waiting rooms, that we have taken extra and all necessary precautions to protect against Covid-19 infection within clinics. Our Covid-19 policies and procedures are in line with current government and health organisation regulations and guidelines.
To access questions and answers regarding Covid-19 please click here.
The steps Lake Imaging is taking to ensure we provide the best service in the safest environment:
- ALL patients are asked to call to make an appointment for their examination. This process enables us to assess the individual circumstances of each patient with respect to Covid-19.
- Patients will be booked at the closest Lake Imaging clinic best suited to meet their medical imaging needs.
- Lake Imaging does NOT turn away any patients based on their COVID-19 suspect status.
- Patients who are deemed suspect or Covid-19 positive, are triaged to a dedicated booking team who will explain our process and make their appointment. If further clarification is required and/or we need to implement our Covid-19 suspect/positive patient management process, a member of our nursing team will contact the patient or referring practitioner.
- To ensure we continue to deliver quality diagnostic imaging services in a safe and appropriate manner to all patients, it is IMPERATIVE that patients and referrers provide the most accurate and up-to-date information concerning the patient’s medical condition and suspect Covid-19 status.
- As per the MBS guidelines for medical imaging referrals during the Coronavirus pandemic, signatures are not required on referral request forms. Thus, we accept online web referral forms via our website, as well as a writable pdf form that you can download and email. Please click here to access these forms.
If you require further information, please contact your local Medical Liaison Officer:
Geelong and Warrnambool
Mobile: 0437 807 275
Mobile: 0411 328 335
Mobile: 0413 401 628
Mobile: 0439 648 326